Validation therapy helps improve the connection between caregivers and patients experiencing dementia.
Research on Validation has found positive results in the following areas:
- Increased communication
- Increased positive affect
- Reduced aggressive behavior
- Caregivers feel more capable of handling difficult situations and have more pleasure in their work
- Less need to use psychotropic medications
Validation Therapy is used by therapists, caregivers, and family members to recognize how their patient's “behaviors" are actually communication of their needs. It provides strategies that allow you to meet those needs while preserving the dignity of your clients.
More evidence-based therapies for older adults include:
- Problem solving therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Reminiscence therapy
Contact us or speak to one of our fully-licensed therapists about our cost effective method for providing validation therapy to your patients.